Training and Development
Untrained or ineffective managers and employees can create endless problems for an organization. Talented, skilled managers and supervisors seldom master managerial abilities on their own--you have to develop them. Employees also need assistance in becoming the type of employee you want them to be.
SMS can help inexperienced or ineffective managers and supervisors learn how to address organizational problems in timely, appropriate ways. We can help any employee, even the most experienced, sharpen and update their skills and ability to work effectively with their co-workers.
Major benefits of our management training and development programs include:
- Increases manager commitment to shared goals
- Helps managers deal effectively with conflict rather than to avoid it
- Encourages managers to solve problems systematically
- Improves recruiting and interviewing skills of managers and supervisors
- Increases overall managerial skills of managers and supervisors
Employees like to feel valued. One way they know they are valued is by the employer investing time and money to enhance their soft skills as well as their on-the-job skills.
We talk with you first so we can collectively determine your needs. Our training programs are not lecture style; they are highly interactive and focus on applications that can be used immediately. Our trainings build on life experiences, linking classroom learning with day-to-day work.
Our programs are designed to provide participants with an active, participative experience, to build confidence and skills. We can tailor programs to your organization's needs and goals, including customized case studies and role-playing exercises. Additionally, our clients can mix and match multiple topics or modules, to create a program that meets the audience's interests and skill level.
We are flexible in delivery; the length of our programs can most often be tailored to your schedule and budget. We can offer multi-day workshops, full or half-day programs, and in some cases mini "awareness" programs.
We realize our clients don't always work a 9 to 5 schedule, so we are able to accommodate your needs with early morning or evening programs, and if necessary, weekend programs.
Following is a sampling of programs we offer. Please keep in mind we can tailor these to meet your needs, and if you don't see a topic you need, please ask and give us the opportunity to develop something for you.
- Ethics Awareness and Creating a Culture of Ethics
- Team Development
- Effective Communications,including Listening
- Negotiation and Conflict Management Skills
- Interviewing and Selection Skills
- Performance Management
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Legal Issues for Management, including Effective Documentation
- Business Writing
- Social Media, including E-mail Discoverability
- Career Assessment and Planning
- Diversity in the Workplace
- Bullying, Harassment, and Workplace Viiolence