Strategic Management Solutions is a Human Resources management consulting firm serving businesses of all sizes. We are New York State certified as a Women Owned Business Enterprise. We are problem solvers who know how to work with individual, group and corporate situations that require creativity, flexibility and results. As seasoned Human Resources professionals, we have assisted all levels of supervision, management and leadership.
Kathy Barany, PHRhas experience that supports innovative and creative techniques ,and privides continually increasing value to clients. Kathy has over 30 years of human resources experience, including management, and 16 years as a consultant. Her experience has extended to multiple industries, including manufacturing, insurance, professional services, education, municipalities, medical, retail, automotive, non-profit, and more. Her expertise includes employee relations, workplace investigations, strategic planning, employment law and compliance issues, policy development and implementation, work flow analysis and job descriptions, training, compensation, performance management, and outplacement counseling. Kathy is a member of the Central New York Chapter of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM), and National SHRM. Some of her community involvement has included being Chair of Child Care Solutions Personnel Committee, Hiscock Legal Aid Society Board Member and Chair of their Succession Planning Committee, Vocational Educational Services for Individuals with Disability Advisory Board, BOCES Projects With Industry Board, and volunteering her time to offer career guidance, including the job search process. She has instructed the SHRM Human Resources Certification course at LeMoyne College; has served on the faculty of Cazenovia College teaching their human resources course; and currently facilitates the Supervisory Leadership course at OCC for the Coalition of County governments.
Kathy received her Master's certificate from Cornell's School of Industrial and Labor Relations and her Bachelor's degree from Empire State College. She is a certified Professional in Human Resources (PHR).
Effective consulting isn't about advancing our agenda, it's about meeting your needs, and helping you determine what those needs are. We put our heart and soul into every assignment we accept and every client we have; your company becomes our company. Our goal is to help you improve your organization's business performance and make your job easier.
We begin by asking questions and listening to the answers. This helps us understand your goals, strategies and culture. Once we are clear about your goals and environment, we can then recommend appropriate approaches and discuss implementation options.
You can count on us to:
- Listen to you.
- Provide superior service.
- Be the experts in our field.
- Understand the challenges and opportunities present in your business.
- Identify creative and cost-effective approaches.
- Educate you as to the pros and cons of the options you might select.
- Partner with you on implementation, crafting a plan that meets your timetables.
- Evaluate success based on your satisfaction with the outcomes.
How We Can Help You
Here are a few of the outcomes that might benefit your organization:
- Enhance your employee's business understanding and focus to improve productivity and reduce costs.
- Develop a highly motivated and productive work force aligned with your target culture and consistent with your business objectives.
- Improve individual and organizational performance by strengthening understanding of core competencies for each role. Describe required performance outcomes. Evaluate results. Help you develop and implement training programs.
- Increase understanding of, and compliance with, employment related legal issues. Avoid costly settlements.
- Recommend competent vendors for additional services you might need, including group insurances, and other benefit programs.